Thursday 14 March 2013

                                 My Jungle Vehicle

                   "  Ooooooo  " came a sound from bhind me.Startled , I froze in position ,something touched my shoulder , I knew I was going to die. but this touch turned me around and I looked at a humongous elephant standing in right front of me. "Vaibhav!" my dad assured me. This elephant Varada ,is very fond of kids and he will show you around.Just get on him!" Varada had kind eyes and friendly looks. The mahout gently spoke to   Varada before I knew, he wound me around is trunk like duppatta around a pillar-like railing. "Did Varada know that I was a child?" I don't know, but noting could explain his tender of handling me!

           We were on a tour into the wild life sanctuary.All of six I was sitting on  a huge elephant, I didn't know where my parents were, I wanted to cry but when I came across rabbits,I started enjoying the ride! I  knew I was going to see some sights of my life!. As we passed through the thickets,I herd sounds of birds, sounds that I have never herd. I thought the mynah sounded enchanting, but these birds were even better. Suddenly the elephant stopped and trumpeted I was so scared that I peed in my pants,literally. the elephant stopped trumpeting and I saw a huge tiger at quite distance.
  
       A blake poem came to my mind, "Tiger, Tiger burning bright, in the forest of the night, What immortal hand or eye, made thy fearful symmetry!" I just kept repeating Fearful symmetry ,fearful symmetry!" At that point I was so much awe of its body. The tiger was lost in his own world...Or it could be that my 'vehicle' scared it away, I still don't know. Then was the turn of the leopard. It was far away on the mountain, I just watched it walk. It merged with the clods at some point and couldn't see it anymore. A few deer just sped in front of us and clapped. then the elephant trumpeted. I thought we were establishing some kind of communication here.
         
                  Suddenly I shrank on Varada's back. I hated snakes ,and there it was, a python hanging from a tree. I screamed as we went close to it.the trunk came up to pacify me and we ambled past it. I kept turning around to look at the high creature. What an ivory , such a huge creature but it just slithered on the ground. Well soon enough I met another ;the crocodile. I thanked god for my vehicle, because that kept me away from all these creatures
            
                 We kept passing by streams,flower beds,and of course many, many trees. I realized then that Mowgli from the jungle book might have actually had an awesome time in the wild woods .but like everything come to an end, so did my ride. I dropped at a certain distance such that my parents and others who were at the sanctuary could spot us. I quickly ran to them and they showered me with questions. I was blank and kept looking animatedly at Varada........ My father tipped the mahout and we patted Varada's trunk. I reached home and gushed to all my friends about the elephant ride. "Really?Really?" Varun kept asking me with his chubby hands, cupping his cheeks. I wrote this essay for my English comprehension class. Hemalata mam found it so good that she asked me to read it aloud in the class! Cheers to that lovely, softie .kid-friendly Varada

No comments:

Post a Comment