Sunday 24 March 2013

                                Concentration Insatisfied


I had to to write a essay for school, one of those long ones. The essay was due in two days and we had almost a week to do it.  But , I am the master of 11th hour, like make of us. In spite of having less time even now I think of playing, sing , a movie I watched yesterday and what not!  'Guss the essay topic ironically, it was on the power of concentration'! I am sure teachers scheme these topics because they know their students well. As usual , it the grandparents who came to rescue and there was my 
tatha to save me!  

Tatha saw the topic and asked, "Mathu, when did you last speak with your friend Hanuman?" I thought and said  "last night when I was going to bed. Last night I told him that I am tired  of all this running around and need more energy!" My tatha laughed, "You at twelve need energy?. What kind of energy did you ask him?"  "He is not a god tatha" I sighed and said. "he is my friend but he is a God-friend.!He is not like me at all. He doesn't get bored and tired. Tatha soon brought out the chapter from Sunderkand where we last left it and started reading.I sta by him quietly to find out what tatha was reading about my god friend.

Hanuman had crossed the the huge ocean but he didn't take a pause to even take breath! He observed Lanka . It was very beautiful, studded with precious stone  and gems with walls made of gold and glittered rainbows of light! At the same time it was unparalleled  security. There were ferocious rakshasas to protect it. Hanuman , as soon as he  noticed that , realized that it was not easy for him or his monkey friends to conquer Lanka. Forget  Lanka , most of us might not be able to cross the ocean  baring a few like Angada, Neela and Sugreeva. But when he thought of his god from the Raghu dynasty, he regained confidence. He then thought of how he could enter Lanka without being spotted and killed . He  then decided to reduce his size so tht he render hmself almost invisible.

But Lankini , the spit of Lanka spotted him. She told him that he could not enter Lanka without conquering her. Hanuman tried to explain that he was just come to  see the splendour of Lanka but she knew better than that.  She gave a mighty blow and Hanuman fought back . He punched her hard and had her floored in seconds . She then rose to bow down to him. She then told him about Lord Brahmana boon  to her. He had told her that when she is conquered by a monkey, it means that her good times had started . She then moved away to allow him to look for his goddess Sita , the daughter of Janaka.

My eyes almost popped out on hearing that Hanuman  just would not stop . He worked relentlessly. He loved Sita , but I hated studies. I looked at my Grandpa and then the essay and then asked "Why do I need to concentrate?" Grandpa asked me "Who created you, Mathu?" "God I think"Grandpa nodded."So it is god who is asking you to do this as well. God wants you to learn something ."He added. I smiled, "Like he wanted to find Sita " and I took out the notebook and started writing on the power of concentration with my 
Hanuman as an embodiment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment